VISITOR TO CANADA INSURANCE
VISITOR TO CANADA INSURANCE – New Immigrants Too – Do you need emergency health insurance? You may be thinking that Canada has a universal healthcare system, that a trip to the doctor or the emergency room, will either not cost much, or wouldn’t cost much?
But the answer to those thoughts would be… You couldn’t be further from the delusion. The cost may or may not be as much as your own healthcare system, but it still would be huge financial hit to your savings. From January to October 2018.
Canada welcomed a record 18.6 million international tourists, an increase of 1.2% over the same period in 2017. And those numbers have been increasing every year since 2014 when a Global Advisory board was started to increase the popularity of tourism on the global market.
So let’s go through some very common questions that asked about why do travelers to Canada need insurance?
1. If I have insurance in my own country then wouldn’t that cover me while I am visiting in Canada?
No – Your coverage in your own country does not transfer to the Canadian healthcare system. Therefore if you are involved in an accident, become ill expectantly or injured you would be responsible to pay those medical bills.
2. Is Visitor to Canada Insurance only for those who are visiting Canada? No – There are a couple of situations that are covered, even if you are not visiting Canada for a short stay.
(i) Could be you are a Parent or Grandparent wishing to stay for an extended period of time in Canada. In this case, you will need to get a Super Visa, which will give you Emergency health coverage for up to 2 years, while staying in Canada.
(ii) New immigrants to Canada will need insurance while they are waiting for their Provincial health coverage to take effect. Which usually takes up to 3 months.
(iii) Workers who are in Canada on a work visa will need health insurance.
(iv) Students who are studying in Canada will also need insurance, although there is a separate policy which is exclusive to International Students.
3. What are the benefits of purchasing a Visitor to Canada Insurance plan? There are many benefits associated with having VTC protection, besides the obvious of experiencing any type of medical emergency.
* Dental accidents * Incidental charges while in hospital, like TV, phone, parking, etc. * Bedside companion transportation * Coverage for travel outside of the country for a short trip (the majority of the stay must be in the province you have insurance for)
* Return of traveling companion if necessary as well as children/grandchildren. Also keep in mind that if you’re visiting from a visa-exempt country, you’ll need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter the country.
Learn all about the eTA for visa-exempt visitors to Canada – (link in description) There are so many wonderful reasons to visit Canada a beautiful, diverse, scenic, multicultural, vibrant country. We look forward to seeing you and being your host.
If you require more information or assistance with your arrangements for Visitor to Canada Travel insurance, be sure comment down your questions. Look forward to hearing from you.